Men Students’ Hostel
Warden: DR.T.JOHNSON - Principal
Deputy Warden: Prof R. Thangapandian
Women Students’ Hostel
Warden: DR.T.JOHNSON - Principal
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Two hostels, one for men and the other for women students are maintained by the college. The men’s hostel is located opposite to Mattuthavani Bus Stand and the women’s hostel is adjacent to Sree Meenakshi Government College Campus.
2. The overall control of the hostels shall vest with the Principal who is also the warden. The deputywardens shall be responsible for the day to day administration and shall have disciplinary control over the inmates of the respective hostels.
3. The students desirous of joining the hostel may apply to the deputy warden concerned.
4. Final year students will be given preference based on the marks secured by them in the university examinations and the distance between their native place and the college.
5. The applicants should attach attested copies of their latest mark statements. They should affix a recent passport size photo on their application. Employed students are not eligible for admission. If any student gets employment after admission he/she should vacate the hostel immediately clearing all the dues.
6. The application, registration and admission fees collected at the time of admission will not be refunded under any circumstances. Admission will not be given to those who have not settled the previous year arrears, if any.
7. No guest will be permitted in the hostel. Any student violating this rule will be summarily evictedfrom the hostel levying a penalty at the rate of Rs.50/- per day for stay of the guest.
8. Electric iron, heater, stove etc. shall not be used. If any student uses electrical items unauthorisedly,he / she will be liable to pay a sum of Rs. 100/- per month from the date of his / her admission apart from disciplinary action.
9. The inmate should be prepared to put up with any hardship arising from any emergency and they should maintain cordial relationship with the hostel staff. The students shall not interfere with the administration of the hostel.
10. The students shall not indulge in any act likely to cause damage to the property or injury to anyone. In case any student causes loss, damage or injury he / she will be liable to compensate the same in full.
11. No article or weapon considered by the authorities as dangerous shall be kept in the hostel premises.
12. The deputy warden can direct any student to vacate the hostel if his / her behaviour, conduct or character is found to be not satisfactory. If any inmate indulges in violence in the hostel, college, or outside the campus his / her membership will be summarily terminated.
13. Those who join the hostel are liable to pay all kinds of charges, fees, etc., for the whole year even if they discontinue at any point of time irrespective of the reason.
14. Ragging and eve-teasing in any form are strictly prohibited and those who violate this rule will be expelled from the hostel at once.
15. Consumption of alcohol or drugs, smoking, firing of crackers, etc., and gambling of any kind are strictly prohibited. Those who are found to have consumed any intoxicating or other narcotic drugs shall beliable to be removed from the hostel and appropriate disciplinary proceedings will be taken against them.
16. The students against whom any disciplinary action, enquiry or criminal cases are pending will not be admitted or allowed to continue in the hostel.
17. The inmates shall not convene any kind of meeting or organize any association or conduct any function without prior sanction of the warden/deputy warden.
18. Apart from the above mentioned rules and regulations which are subject to notifications,the deputy warden may issue any other instructions to the inmates as and when necessary. Breach of rules,instructions or orders will entitle termination of membership without notice.
RULES AND REGULATIONS EXCLUSIVE FOR WOMEN’S HOSTEL
1. All admissions are made to hostel for a period of the academic year. Applications must be made in July/August each year. At the time of submission of application, the student should bring her parent for a brief interview with the Deputy Warden.
2. At the time of admissions, the inmates must produce a letter from their parents or guardians intimating the names of the local relatives if any, with whom the inmate may be permitted to spend one week-end only.
3. A fee of Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty only) shall be charged towards the cost of application & Registration Fee. The amount will not be refunded.
4. A sum of Rs.150/- (Rupees one Hundred and Fifty only) will be collected at the time of admission towards admission fee.
5. A sum of Rs.1,000/-(Rupees One Thousand only) to be paid by every inmate towards caution deposit from this Academic year. It is refundable at while the inmate vacate the hostel.
6. Every inmate will be charged with a room rent of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) per month towards room rent and establishment charges. The decision of the Deputy Warden shall be final in all matters relating to admission.
7. The internal administration of the hostel will be vested exclusively with the Deputy Warden acting under the immediate direction of the Warden. ( Head of the Institution).
8. Guests are not allowed to stay in the hostel without the prior permission of the Deputy Warden. Inmates who do not follow this rule will be evicted summarily from the hostel. Rs.150/- will be charged for a guest per day.
9. Inmates are allowed to take leave only for the week end of a month. Taking leave should be informed not less than one day in advance. Inmates should report to the Deputy Warden/Matron on return from vacation or week end.
10. The hostel main gate will be closed at 6.00 p.m. daily. The matron is incharge of taking attendance at 7.00 p.m. daily.
11. A separate Movement Register and a Leave Register would be kept for the inmates to notify the purpose and time of leaving and returning back. The inmates must return back before 6.00 p.m. without fail. Violation of this rule will lead to eviction of the inmates.
12. Only parents or guardians or those persons permitted by them are allowed to meet the inmates between 9.00 a.m. and 6.30 p.m. on working days. No other person is allowed. On emergency situation the persons permitted by the parents or guardians can meet the inmates in the presence of the Deputy Warden/Matron. The Deputy Warden has got the discretion to permit the visitor.
13. The inmates of the hostel are strictly prohibited from receiving any male visitor or men students of Law/any college. If any inmate receives any person other than those authorised by the parents, against whom action will be taken to evict the inmates from the hostel.
14. The inmates are not supposed to leave the hostel without the permission of the Deputy Warden or stay out during night time without a letter of authority from their parents or guardians counter signed by the Deputy Warden. Inmates who are allowed to spend a week end with their relatives shall return to the hostel by Sunday evening.
15. All applications for leave must be countersigned by the Deputy Warden. Inmates must always maintain a cordial relationship with the hostel employees.
16. Inmates must follow all the rules and regulations mentioned above. Failure to comply will lead to disciplinary action and termination from the hostel.
17. The boarding is arranged from outside on contract basis.
18. Meals, Lunch, Tea and Supper shall be served during the following hours only :
19. MESS TIMINGS :
Breakfast 08.00 a.m. to 08.30 a.m.
Lunch 12.00 noon to 12.30 p.m.
Tea 05.45 p.m. to 06.15 p.m.
Supper 08.00 p.m. to 08.45 p.m.
20. The above rules should be strictly observed and are subject to modification by the Warden/Deputy Warden as and when necessary. Breach of these rules will lead to cancellation of membership.